Elk & Little River Railroad
The Elk & Little River Railroad (E&LR), was a narrow-gauge railroad line 36 miles in length, which extended from Gassaway to Stumptown, in Gilmer County. The line carried both passengers and commercial freight between Gassaway and Shock Station on Right Folk of Steer Creek. From the latter point to its terminus at Stumptown, it was operated only a private lumber railroad. The line was completed in 1913, and furnished a large amount of freight for the Coal & Coke Railway.