Richwood Branch - B&O RR
The Baltimore & Ohio's Richwood Branch extended in north and south direction from Clarksburg to Richwwod, Nicholas County, a distance of 121 miles. From there, the line passed through the western edge of Webster County, entering at Prestonia and leaving its territory at Allingdale, a distance of about 25 miles.
The road was originally built as the West Virginia & Pittsburgh Railroad (WV&P) by Hon. J.N. Camden. The branch was completed to from Weston to Flatwoods in 1890 and 1891, to Camden-on-Gauley in 1891 and 1892, and to Richwood in 1899. The line was sold to the Baltimore & Ohio in September of 1899. The B&O acquired 17 locomotives, 18 passenger cars, and 530 freight cars from the WV&P.
The highest point on the line was at Cowen, Webster County, at 2,247 feet elevation; the lowest point was at Burnsville, Braxton County, at 775 feet.